Overtone Voices Academy was created by Iannis Psallidakos and his deep passion to share with the world the precious fruits that the practice of overtone singing offers him.
Iannis Psallidakos is a vocalist, multidisciplinary artist and voice teacher, member of the French association of singing teachers (AFPC - EVTA), as well as a Buteyko breathing instructor.
Born in Greece, Iannis originally studied architecture at the National Technical University of Athens and pursued a career as an architect, graphic designer, photographer, land artist, and ceramist. However, he always felt that there was something missing, a void in his life that he couldn’t quite identify.
It wasn’t until he discovered the world of resonances and overtone singing that everything changed. From the moment he began to explore the intricacies of this fascinating art form, he knew that he had found his calling. He became a student of the voice, studying with some of the most renowned voice teachers in the world, and he quickly developed a deep understanding of the human voice and its potential for healing and transformation.
In 2014, Iannis began teaching voice both in Greece and abroad, sharing his art projects, his knowledge and passion with others in seminars and workshops in cultural venues, music schools, and conservatories. He became a founding member of the Tsak Bam Festival, a contemporary and spontaneous art festival, and collaborated with artists, with interdisciplinary groups of osteopaths, speech therapists, physical therapists, and structures such as:
– The Medical and Educational Institute Graçalou (France)
– The French non-profit organization Jeunesses musicales
– The Community Centre for Social Action CCAS (France)
– The Jacques Tati, L’Archipel and Hauts de Saint-Aubin cultural centres (France)
– The Université Populaire Albert Jacquard
– The French public education within the Temps d’Activités Périscolaires
Iannis’s commitment to his work is evident in his extensive studies and certifications, including “BUTEYKO CLINIC INSTRUCTOR” with Buteyko Clinic International, “Neuro-Linguistic Programming” at the Paul Pyronnet Institut, “Chant, Voix et Corps” certified training with Emmanuelle Trinquesse, and “Acoustic Vocal Pedagogy” with Kenneth Bozeman, Ian Howell and some of the most respected names in the field.
Certified trainings & Studies
(in chronological order):
– Mongolian-throat singing “Khöömei” with Johanni Curtet
– Human Voice with Spyros Sakkas
– International Architectural Workshop 1 + 1 = 11 / LEARNING FROM INHABITANTS
– Certified workshop with the California Institute of Earth Art and Architecture
– Professional training in Cooperative games with “Alter Ego”
– Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) with UPP and Steve Read
2004 – 2009
– School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens
1997 – 2002
– Interior Architecture, Decorative Arts and Design of the Faculty of Applied Arts and Design, Technological Educational Institute of Athens